SO EASY! We do this at least once a week. In fact, I have even done a BUNCH of them and frozen them! Perfect for those late days when we just don't have time to cook!
4-6 raw chicken breasts, new potatoes, green beans (fresh or canned-really any green veggie would work. Broccoli is good, too). Arrange in 9×13 dish. Sprinkle with a packet of Italian dressing mix and then top with a melted stick of butter. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy! Super easy
Create a 'Safety Spot'!! You can buy those car magnets just about anywhere. Designate it as your childrens 'safety spot'. Great for loading/unloading anything from the baby and stroller to the groceries!
Are YOU prepared for the 2013 Hurricane Season??
Here are a few links that you may want to bookmark!
Keeping the flies away...
Flies HATE pine-sol. Mix it with water, about 50/50 and put it in a spray bottle. Use to wipe counters or spray on the porch and patio table and furniture to drive them away!
How to Clean and Restore Your Stainless Steel Grill
Outdoor stainless steel grills take a lot of wear and tear from rain, heat, food, cleaning chemicals, scratches and everything else that goes along with using an outdoor grill. Stainless steel grills are especially susceptible to corrosion and all kinds of blemishes on the exterior.
Here are a few things you can do to clean & restore your grills finish and get it looking like new again.
1. Remember that Stainless Steel Scratches Easily – When cleaning and scrubbing the grill, make sure you use non abrasive materials to clean it. Never use metal brushes or steel wool to clean the exterior of it.
2. Start By Using Soap, Water & a Soft Sponge – Follow the grain of the metal as you clean the surface of the exterior of the grill. Then, clean afterward with a dry towel and make sure it is totally dry.
3. To Remove Discoloration From Heat, etc. – Surprisingly, the common household cleaner – Bar Keepers Friend is great for removing discoloration from the stainless steel exterior. Just use warm water, a soft sponge and the powder. Be sure to use it gently and make sure it’s thoroughly wet, so that it doesn’t scratch the exterior. Then, dry the grill thoroughly.
4. To Remove Rust – Use a rust remover cleaner that is safe for stainless steel. For example, Everbrite Stainless Steel Cleaner, this will remove the rust after you brush it on, let it sit and then rinse it off.
5. Use a Stainless Steel Polisher For Restoring Shine – There are few different products available that you can use to actually restore the lost shine of your grill. Stainless Steel Magic is a good product for this.
Regular, thorough cleaning of your grill will help you keep it looking nice with far less work than working to undo damage from rust, heat and harsh chemicals. Remember to avoid abrasive cleaners, avoid cutting on the surface and avoid leaving food and chemicals on the surface of the grill. That will add to the discoloration.
Natural Weed Killer
Natural Weed Killer 1 gallon vinegar, 1/2 cup salt, dash of dish washing detergent (makes it stick to the weeds). Mix well, spray on weeds in the morning, rejoice in their death that evening. This works best on a sunny day.
Heavy Duty Floor Cleaner
ONLY use this and it leaves floor spotless. (Heavy duty floor cleaner recipe: ¼ cup white vinegar 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap ¼ cup baking soda 2 gallons tap water, very warm.) It leaves everything smelling amazing.
BRILLIANT! How to re-season those old Cast Irons!!
Why do Men lose weight fast than women?
Many tímes when a husband and wífe, or male and female couple start a weíght loss journey together ít seems that the man loses weíght faster and more easíly than the woman does. For us women, that’s downríght frustratíng.
There are several explanatíons for thís phenomenon, but ít’s also ímportant to keep the focus on you, and to only compare yourself to you, not to others. So, to cut to the chase, here are a few of the reasons why men tend to lose weíght faster and more easíly than women:
Women tend to be more prone to “emotíonal eatíng”: ín 2009, the Brookhaven Natíonal Laboratory conducted a braín ímagíng study to look at how we control our braín response to our favoríte foods. Men were better able to control theír responses. Thís may explaín part of the puzzle on why women typícally have a harder tíme droppíng the pounds.
Men may be more competítíve than women. Some research has shown that when money was awarded for every pound lost, men díd better than women. ít ís ínterestíng to note the percentage of men wínners on the Bíggest Loser compared to women (70% of the wínners have been male).
Men have more muscle mass: Men tend to have more muscle than women, and we all know that muscle burns more caloríes than fat. Havíng a hígher muscle composítíon leads to a hígher metabolísm. Based on several studíes, the metabolísm of a man has been found to be anywhere from 3-10% hígher than that of a women of the same weíght and age.
Female hormones play a role: Female hormones, such as estrogen, make ít easíer for the body to deposít fat.
Wíth all thís stacked agaínst women, don’t be díscouraged. Focus on you and don’t compare to yourself to your man! Pay attentíon to your eatíng habíts and take note íf you’re eatíng for emotíonal reasons or for true hunger. Keep a food journal and record your emotíons/feelíngs ín ít throughout the day. Add resístance/weíght traíníng to your workout routíne to help íncrease your muscle mass (and metabolísm).
Most ímportant, don’t gíve up. Take small steps toward a healthíer, more actíve lífestyle and you wíll see results.
Top 10 Cellulite Busting Foods!
Ginger, Asparagus, Avocados, Oily Fish, Dark Leafy Greens, Cranberry Juice, Bananas, Whole Grains, Papaya, Berries
Woolite Foam Carpet Cleaner - Sprays out in foam stream so you can spray right on grout line. Let set several minutes, brush, wipe away. Easiest way ever to clean gross grout!
I LOVE these ideas! If you are anything like me, Emalee and I have crayons ALL over the house!!! 35 EXTRA uses for crayons! From art projects, to making things, with COLORS!
Is your child a fluent reader, but their comprehension skills not up to par? Believe it or not there are a lot of those out there. Adults and kids alike! We 'read' something, but sometimes have absolutely no idea what we just read! We are running with a million things on our brains. This is an excellent article on how to build your child(or maybe your) comprehension skills!
29 Unique Gifts for Graduation!
AWESOME for new mom's are soon to be mama's! 94 NEW baby products hitting shelves soon!
This is an EXCELLENT article on ways to stretch your groceries as long as possible!
EXELLENT tips from the experts on protecting your skin during these summer months!
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the BEST and most natural additions to anyone's 'diet'. The health benefits are out of this world!!
SO MANY of us suffer with Thyroid problems. This is a great read on understanding more on thyroid problems and some of the symptoms and cures!
This is an EXCELLENT article on foods that help detox your liver and also gets rid of cellulite! YES!
Grocery Shopping Tip!
Take a snap shot on your phone of the inside of your fridge and your pantry! EVEN if you make a list, if you are like me, you buy things you only THINK you ran out of! This way, you will know if you are out of it or not! And, you won't wind up like me and have 4 jars of roux in your pantry!
Happy ALMOST Cinqo De Mayo! In celebration of my most favoritest summer drink, the Margarita, here is a great article on SKINNYING up those rita's! Of course each person likes different flavors/adders/etc. But, here are a few tips on keeping those rita's light!
LOVE this idea of thinking yourself thin and subsiding those cravings!
If you don't bite it, a piece of hard candy can last 25 minutes, satisfying your cravings and doing it with only 5 calories!
EXCELLENT! How to clean your glass cooktop! A little hot water and baking soda. Viola!
Secret stain removers. This is EXCELLENT!!!
Don't know about you, but I am REALLY good spilling red wine. Now, I don't have to worry about the stains!
10 BEAUTY tricks and uses for baking soda!
If you want a happy marriage, you should treat your spouse like your dog! That’s the opinion of couples’ counselor Suzanne Phillips. She says that one of the most common complaints she hears from unhappy spouses is, “I only wish I got as much attention as our dogs.” So, here are the three top habits from dog lovers that can improve any relationship:
- Be happy to see each other! No matter how hard their day was, dog lovers always give their furry friends a warm hello, a belly rub, and maybe a walk around the block. Think what it would do for your relationship if you always gave your partner a hug and a kiss, and spent a half-hour together after work.
- Don’t hold a grudge! According to a study in the journal Personal Relationships, most people are overly-sensitive about their partner’s bad habits – and those habits tend to become even more irritating over time. But the same person who goes ballistic over a wet towel on the bed will forgive their dog for barfing on the rug.
- Pet ownership really is “for better or worse.” Most owners will stick with their pet, no matter how sick or needy they are. Marriage Educator Cathy Meyer says that a lot of people see divorce as an easy way out when their spouse disappoints them. But it’s rare for a person to decide they’ve had enough of a beloved family pet, and dump them. So instead of looking for a way out of your relationship, you may want to look for a way through the bad times. Just like you would hire a trainer to solve your pet’s behavior problems, you may need to hire a therapist to help you overcome your own problems.
10 EASY ways to declutter your home!
A Dad's advice for Mom's of Boys.
This was hilariously helpful! Enjoy.
10 Foods you didn't know you SHOULD be freezing! Saving time, and more importantly, MONEY!
The Problem with counting to 1-2-3.
Natural, Easy, DIY fly repellent!
30+ things to do with EGGSHELLS!!!
Need a lift?? Chest exercises for healthier, happier breasts.
Improve Performance with VEGGIES!
Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer... IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF!!!
Making a Mosquito Trap
LOOSE 10IBS THIS MONTH!
Want to lose 10 pounds in a month? It’s easier than you think! And here's a simple daily guide for weight loss - from the time you wake up, to when you go to sleep:
- Exercise for 11-minutes when you first wake up. New research from Southern Illinois University shows that an intense workout in the morning can help you burn more fat all day long. That’s because jump starting your muscles increases your metabolism, so you’ll burn more calories throughout the day.
- At work, skip the office chair and stand. We’ve talked before about how a growing number of companies offer “standing” desks and using one can help you lose weight! That’s because when you stand, enzymes in the muscles of your legs and rear get switched “off,” telling your body to stop storing fat.
- Start your lunch break with soup. A new study from Penn State found that people ate an average of 135 fewer calories when they started their meals with a broth-based vegetable soup. That’s because eating hot soup forces you to slow down, so you eat less overall.
- Chew some sugarless gum around 2pm. British researchers found that when people chewed gum after lunch, they were 11 percent less likely to give in to midday snack cravings.
- At dinner, use real plates – even if you’re having takeout. According to a new Cornell study, people who eat with real dinnerware tend to think of their food as a “meal,” while people who eat from paper plates tend to think of their food as a “snack.” Why does that matter? Believe it or not, the “real” plate eaters ate an average of 116 fewer calories per meal.
GET RID OF HARD WATER RINGS!
Get rid of the hard water ring around your toilet bowl! Use 2 cups of vinegar and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of baking soda and stains will sizzle away!
The REALLY BIG list of Easter basket themes with ideas for babies, toddlers, young children, tweens, teens, women, and men.
50 Things to grill in foil!
Using shower caps as shoe holders! This is a great way to keep your clothes protected while traveling, gym bags, etc!
Keep everything they may use, on their level! (We keep the candy and 'bad' things off of this shelf though!)
We keep poptarts, animal crackers, nutrigrain bars, snack sized crackers/cookies, juices, cups, plates, utensils, etc. We do this in my house and I find that it works WONDERS with your children's independence and they actually want to be more helpful in the kitchen! By giving them options we are helping them use their decision making skills. LOVE this! And so does Emalee!
Treating Keratosis Pilaris (for those of you who don't know.... that's what those little acne like bumps on your arms. ~olive oil and sugar, or asprin dissolved in warm water made into a paste, apply to area and rub in~
18 Foods you can actually regrow from kitchen scraps! LOVE THIS! Talk about saving you a few buckaroo's!
How to ice a cake like a pro.
Introducing.... THE GLUE SPONGE! You just cut a sponge to fit in a container, pour glue it, and the kids can just press their little cut-up pieces of paper on it. No more globby glue puddles!
A bizzillion ways to use your magic eraser! LOVE these!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bombs
Rebecca Romijn's Cranberry Flush
My go-to for losing the last 5–10 pounds
Drink a Cranberry Fat Flush daily: "There's a cranberry flaxseed water recipe I drink. I'll make a liter of it and try to get through that in a day. (I also eat clean. I'm not into the 'not eating' thing.) You have to shake it up every single time, to make sure you get some of the flax, and it's like drinking a slightly sour water. I drink that for a week and it really helps flush fat."
1 cup of unsweetened cranberry juice + 2 TBSP of ground flaxseed + water to fill a 1-liter bottle
Going Meatless one day a week has tremendous health and environmental benefits!
SO GLAD I found this!! Over 230 Children's books that you can read online! ipad, computer, etc!
Awesome for on the go trips or sitting in the waiting room!
Last Minute Valentine's Day Gift Ideas!
Cheap Garbage Disposal Cleaner/Deodorizer. Slice lemons, put in ice cube trays and cover with vinegar. Freeze. Store in a ziplock bag. Pop one of these little cubes in the garbage disposal and grind away! Use these all the time! Love them!
The 21 GERMIEST places/things and how to keep them clean!
Straight out of my hair dressers mouth! ::Biotin makes hair and nails grow fast and thick. It's good for your skin and gives it a pseudo-tan glow all year long. It also helps prevent grays and hair loss.
HEAVY CREAM ~If you need heavy cream for a recipe, make your own by combining mix 2/3 cup whole milk with 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter. This will give you 1 cup of heavy cream....good to know!
What kind of tummy do you have? Pooch? Tire? Stress Tummy? See which of the five you might have and helpful hints to stop bad habits and flatten that belly!
Teh BEST website for RV storage and tips!
Softening Secret -- When you're ready to bake, waiting for cold butter to soften can seem to take forever. Here's how to hurry the process along: Over a mixing bowl, shred the amount of butter you need on a grater. The little pieces will soften faster than a solid stick. In no time, the butter will be bake-worthy.
Just in case you needed a few ideas to get you cookin' Sunday for the Super Bowl, I have taken the liberty of compiling the 10 most popular football foods!
Top Ten Super Bowl Foods!
10.Football themed desserts
8.Guacamole/Salsa (with chips)
7.Pigs in a blanket
4.7 or 10 layer taco dip
16 Ways I blew my marriage
GREAT relationship advice!
Worth a shot!! The Military Diet. Lose up to 10lbs in a week!
DIY Sugaring Hair Removal. No more spending a fortune at your salon!
22 things you are doing wrong... some very useful, some just too hilarious not to share!!!
1. You're Doing It Wrong: The BLT
THERE IS NOT BACON IN EVERY BITE.
The Right Way to Make a BLT:
Basketweave that bacon.
2. You're Doing It Wrong: Boiling Eggs
The Right Way to Boil Eggs:
Add one teaspoon of baking soda. It'll make the shell come off effortlessly.
3. How NOT to Eat a Cupcake:
The right way to eat a cupcake:
Make a cupcake sandwich. Equal frosting to cake ratio in every bite.
4. You're Doing It Wrong: Bobby Pins
The bobby pins are constantly sliding out of your hair and coming loose.
The Right Way to Insert a Bobby Pin:
5. You're Doing It Wrong: Nail Polish
How to Properly Apply Nail Polish:
6. The Wrong Way to Make Cookies in the Summer:
Everything gets even hotter with the oven on.
The right way:
Best car air freshener ever.
7. How You Normally Fold a Fitted Sheet:
8. You're Doing It Wrong: Cleaning the Blender
You reach your sponge down, accidentally cut yourself on one of the blades, and start bleeding everywhere.
9. You're Doing It Wrong: Taco Eating
The shit is just spilling out everywhere.
The Right Way:
Use lettuce leaves as a taco liner. Even if the taco shell breaks, your taco contents are still contained.
10. You're Doing It Wrong: Eating a Popsicle
You're a slob. You're only human.
The Right Way: Use a Cupcake Wrapper
11. If This Is Your Dresser, You're Doing It Wrong
The Right Way to Fold Clothes
File folded clothes to save space.
12. You're Doing It Wrong: Squeezing Lemons
The Right Way: Use a Pair of Tongs
You'll get much more juice out. Another tip: microwave for a few seconds. It'll make the lemon softer and more squeezable.
13. You're Doing It Wrong: Stale Ass Chips
The Right Way: Master the Origami Bag Fold
14. You're Doing It Wrong: Peeling a Potato with a Peeler